SSC GD Post Preference Opportunities Full Details The responsibilities of an SSC GD Constable comprise various important job responsibilities. The major responsibilities of the safety and security of citizens and the country. Keep reading the article to know about SSC GD Job Profile from the article below.
SSC GD Post Preference Opportunities Full Details
Candidates applying for GD Constable in:
- ASSAM RIFLES
The detailed job profile of SSC GD Constable under various Security forces are as mentioned below –
1 – GD Constable in BSF – major roles are-
- To protect the Indo-Pakistan and Indo-Bangladesh Border.
- To promotes the sense of security among the people living in the border areas.
- To prevent trans-border crimes, unauthorized entry into or exit from the territory of India.
- To prevent smuggling and any other illegal activities on the Border.
- Anti-infiltration duties.
- To collect trans-border intelligence.
2 – GD Constable in ITBP – Major roles includes –
- To protect the border between India & China (from Ladakh to Arunachal Pradesh)
- To restore and preserve order in any area in the event of a disturbance.
- Vigillance on the northern borders.
- Detection and prevention of border violations.
- Keep a check on illegal immigration and trans-border smuggling.
- To provide security to sensitive installations and threatened VIPs.
- To maintain the peace in the assigned areas and promotion of the sense of security among the local populace.
3 – GD Constable in CISF major roles include –
- To provide security to various PSU’s and other important infrastructures.
- Be in-charge of airport security at all commercial airports in India.
- Security on the Delhi Metro is handled by the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- To protect the Government infrastructure projects and industrial units.
- Special Security Group (SSG) provides security cover to persons nominated by the Home Ministry
- To provide protection, safety, and security to Industrial undertaking/installations, also offer protection against fire hazards.
4 – GD Constable in SSB – Major roles are –
- To monitor and prevent cross-border crimes, and other illegal activities
- Protection of the Indo–Nepal and Indo–Bhutan borders.
5 – GD Constable in CRPF – Major roles are –
- To look after the internal security of every part of India
- Operate abroad as part of Indian Peace Keeping Force and the UN peacekeeping missions
- Provide VIP security to election duties, from guarding of vital installations to the counter-Naxal operations.
6 – GD Constable in Assam Rifles – Major role includes-
- To provide internal security under the control of the army through the conduct of counter insurgency and border security operations,
- To provide aid to the civil power in times of emergency, and
- To provide communications, medical assistance and education in remote areas.
- In times of war, working as a combat force to secure rear areas if needed
7 – GD Constable in SSF – Major roles are –
- This unit is responsible for entry in Secretariat premises, posting of guards at Secretariat gates and other places of premises,
- To maintain the internal discipline, entry of vehicles and its parking, regulation for taking material out of
- Secretariat premises and protection of Secretariat property.
SSC GD Promotion.
SSC GD Promotion
Once an SSC GD Constable is promoted, he is appointed as a Senior Head Constable and may have to take charge of a police station. The SSC GD salary also increases with the promotion in posts.
SSC GD Constable can further be promoted to the post of:
- Senior Constable
- Head Constable
- Assistant Sub Inspector
- Sub Inspector