UPSC Civil Services Mains Recruitment 2020 Union Public Service Commission conducted the UPSC Civil Services Prelims 2020 exam on October 4, 2020 for the recruitment of 796 vacancies in Indian Civil Services of IAS/IPS/IFS/other posts we have shared the complete details of UPSC Civil Services IAS Notification 2020 including IAS Selection Process. UPSC conducts the Civil Services exam every year to recruit IAS/IPS/IFS officers at all India level. The recruitment is carried out through two different phases – IAS Prelims Exam and IAS Mains Exam & Interview Round.
UPSC Civil Services Mains Recruitment 2020
|Starting Date for Apply Online||12-02-2020|
|Last Date to Apply Online||03-03-2020|
|Last Date for Fee Payment (by cash)||02-03-2020|
|Last Date for Fee Payment (Online)||03-03-2020|
|Date for online application Withdrawn||12 to 18-03-2020 till 6:00 pm|
|Date of Preliminary Exam||31-05-2020 (Revised to 04-10-2020) Date for Mains Exam: 08-01-2021|
|Starting Date for Change of Centre||07-07-2020 (Changed to 20-07-2020)|
|Closing Date for Change of Centre||13-07-2020 till 1800 hrs. (Changed to 24-07-2020)|
|Date for Availability of DAF for Mains Application||From 28-10-2020 to 11-11-2020|
- General / OBC : 100/-
- SC / ST / PH : 0/- (Exempted)
- All Category Female : 0/- (Nil)
- Pay the Examination Fee Through Debit Card, Credit, Card, Net Banking or E Challan Fee Mode Only
- IAS : Bachelor Degree in Any Stream in Any Recognized University in India
- IFS : Bachelor Degree as one of Subject Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology, Agriculture or Equivalent
One Lakh SSC Notification 2021 Full Details
Click Here For 75,000 Jobs Notification Full Details
- The minimum age limit is 21 years and the maximum age limit is different for different categories:
- General: 32 years
- OBC: 35 years
- SC & ST: 37 year
- PwD: 42 Years
IAS Selection Process
Candidates who want to seek recruitment in Civil Services IAS/IPS/IFS need to undertake:
- IAS Prelims
- IAS Mains & Interview
UPSC IAS Preliminary Exam is qualifying in nature. The marks of IAS Prelims are not considered in final merit list, from which the selection of candidates is made. The UPSC prepares the final merit list on the basis of marks secured by candidates in IAS Mains exam and Interview.
IAS Prelims Exam Pattern
|Paper||Total Questions||Marks||Duration time|
|Paper I General Studies||100||200||2 hours|
|Paper II GS (CSAT)||80||200||2 hours|
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) format.
- There will be Negative Marking of 1/3rd (0.66) for each wrong answer.
- GS Paper II (CSAT) is qualifying in nature; you need only 33 percent marks to clear this paper.
- In the PwD category, blind candidates are allotted 20 minutes extra for each paper.
Click For UPSC 2021 Notification Calender
Click For Indian Navy AA/SSR/MR Notification
IAS Mains Exam Pattern
|Paper||Name of Paper||Nature of Paper||Time Duration||Marks|
|Paper – A||Any Indian Language (objective)||Qualifying||3 Hours||300|
|Paper – B||English||3 Hours||300|
|Paper I||Essay||Merit Ranking||3 Hours||250|
|Paper II||General Studies I||3 Hours||250|
|Paper III||General Studies II||3 Hours||250|
|Paper IV||General Studies III||3 Hours||250|
|Paper V||General Studies IV||3 Hours||250|
|Paper VI||Optional Paper I||3 Hours||250|
|Paper VII||Optional Paper-II||3 Hours||250|
- IAS Mains exam is objective as well as descriptive in nature
- Candidates need to obtain IAS Cut off marks to qualify this round
- The cut off is decided on the basis of total vacancies, the difficulty level of paper and candidates appearing for the exam.
- There will be Negative Marking of 1/3rd marks (0.66) for each wrong answer in objective paper only.
10th Based Defence Jobs
ITI Based Defence Jobs
Diploma Based Defence Jobs
Inter Based Defence Jobs
|Download Notification||DOWNLOAD HERE>>|
|Click For All Govt and Private Jobs||CLICK HERE>>|
|JOBS ALERT ON TELEGRAM||JOIN HERE>>|
|JOB ALERT ON YOUR WHAT’S APP DAILY||JOIN HERE>>|