UPSC CAPF Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2020: Assistant Commandant (AC) in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF). Through this recruitment,the selected candidates will fill up the AC vacancies in BSF, CISF, CRPF, SSB, and ITBP branches of CAPF.Syllabus & latest Exam Pattern of UPSC CAPF (AC) 2020 Written Exam.Download PDF UPSC CAPF Syllabus here for General Ability & Intelligence and General Studies, Essay & Comprehension Total given in this article.
UPSC CAPF Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2020:
The candidates will be selected through the following four stages of Exam:
- Written Examination
- Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests
- Interview/Personality Test
- Final Selection / Merit
- The written examination to be conducted by Union Public Service Commission will be held on 20th December, 2020 and will comprise two papers. Paper I will be held from 10 a.m. to 12.00 Noon and Paper II will be held from 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.
- The questions in this paper will be of Objective (Multiple Answers) Type in which the questions will be set in English as well as Hindi.
- Paper I will be the General Ability and Intelligence of 250 Marks.
- Paper II will be General Studies, Essay and Comprehension of 200 Marks.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.33 for every incorrect answer in the Objective Test.
- In Paper II the candidates will be allowed the option of writing the Essay Component in English or Hindi, but the medium of Precis Writing, Comprehension Components and other communications/ language skills will be English only.
|Paper-I (10am-12pm)||General Ability and Intelligence||Objective type; 250 marks|
|Paper-II (2 pm- 5 pm)||General Studies, Essay and Comprehension||Subjective type; 200 marks|
UPSC CAPF Written Exam Syllabus:
|Paper 1: General Ability & Intelligence (250 Marks)|
|General Mental Ability||Logical Reasoning
This section tests the quantitative aptitude, logical reasoning, numerical ability and data interpretation.
|General Science||General Awareness
Comprehension & Appreciation of Scientific Phenomena
|Current Events of National and International Importance|| Current Events of national and international importance in areas of:
Societal and Developmental Issues
|Indian Polity and Economy:||Indian political system
Constitution of India
Social systems and public administration
Economic development in India
Regional and international security issues
Human rights & its indicators
|History of India||knowledge of growth of nationalism in India and freedom movement.
Indian History, Culture and Civilisation
Freedom Movement in India
Indian Constitution and Administration
Elementary knowledge of Five Year Plans of India
Co-operatives and Community Development
Forces shaping the Modern India
Exploration and Discovery
|Indian and World Geography||Earth
Latitudes and Longitudes
Concept of time
International Date Line
Movements of Earth and their effects
Origin of Earth
Rocks and their classification
Earthquakes and Volcanoes
Ocean Currents and Tides
Atmosphere and its composition
Temperature and Atmospheric Pressure
Cyclones and Anti-cyclones
Condensation and Precipitation
Types of Climate
Major Natural regions of the World
Regional Geography of India
Mineral and Power resources
Imports and Exports of India
|Syllabus of Paper II: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension|
|Part-A(80 Marks)||Essay questions
The topics of essay questions could be on:
Modern Indian History
Developing counter arguments
Physical Efficiency Test (PET):
|100 Meters race||In 16 seconds||In 18 seconds|
|800 Meters race||In 3 minutes 45 seconds||In 4 minutes 45 seconds|
|Long Jump||3.5 Meters 3 chances||3 Meters 3 chances|
|Shot Put (7.26 Kgs.)||4.5 Meters||NA|
UPSC CAPF Interview/Personality Test 2020:
Candidates who clear both Physical and Medical tests will then be called for the CAPF Interview or Personality Test. The Interview will be of 150 marks. Candidates who will get shortlisted for the Interview round will be provisionally asked to fill the Detailed Application Form (DAF) to indicate their preference of Armed Forces such as BSF, CISF. CRPF, ITBP & SSB.
UPSC CAPF AC Final Selection 2020:
The final selection of the candidates will be done through the UPSC CAPF Merit List. UPSC will prepare the final merit list on the basis of marks obtained in the CAPF Written Exam and Interview/Personality Test.